pattern : Hermione’s Everyday Socks by Erica Lueder
yarn : Patons Stretch Socks Pumpkin Spice Jacquard
needle : US 1[2.25mm]
size : 9.5
These were a lot of fun to make, and I’m pretty proud of the outcome! As you might have read in previous posts I had mixed feelings about the texture not showing enough with the pattern but now that I look at this pair of socks, I don’t think a plain stockinette or rib would have looked this good with the striping colorway going on in these skeins. The little bumps really help the scheme, now that I look at it!
The one issue I had with this yarn was its elasticity–it was a bit hard to make sure the first and last stitches on my dpns were snug enough, leaving my socks with these teeny tiny ladders, which haven’t happened before in socks I’ve made so far. You may be able to find them along the very top of the foot in the photo below:
They might even out after a wash or two, so I’m not too worried. Other than that I really enjoyed using this yarn and might buy enough for another pair in a new color scheme.
Not sure if I’m going to cast on another personal project for a little while. I’ve got a small self-imposed queue of shop items to knit up, so that might be the knitting to occupy me over the next few days.
p.s. happy 100th post day!